AJ Knits

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Knit Big or "I get to carry the pillow!"

Episode 8

I Production scheduling
a) Fathers Day
b) Feedback and comments!
1) Thank you too: Fourpeanuts, SSK_EP, Knittinwolf for Itunes !
a) SSK if I haven't lost you... I'm working on the sound quality I promise! Thanks for letting me know! This is kind of like the pod casting equivalent of
having toilette paper on your shoe!
2) Also thank you to Rockingranola and Knittinwolf who took the time to follow me on twitter!
b) Events
c) Production
d) What's In My Tea Pot
e) Materials Sourcing
f) After 5
a) Wedding Round Up
b) Review!

II Events
b)Woolfest at Lake farm Park June 23 to 26. I will be at this event on Sunday the 26th taking the beginning spinning class and the Stitch marker class shortly afterward

c) Crooked River Fiber Fling in Peninsula, Oh August 4th-7th.

d) Ann Arbor Fiber Expo October 22 and 23rd at the Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds. This on is tentative ass of now but will give me another reason to visit Ann Arbor again.

III Production
a) The Day Break Shawl By Stephen West. Knitted out of Bamboo and Ewe in Bamboo and '
ewe Purple and Berroco comfort in color way #1812. I wanted this to be in shipping so bad this
week. Sorry to say that my life took over and I only have 4 of the 7 purl rows in the edging done.
It's the shawl that will not die!

IV What's in my Tea Pot
a) Zhena's Gypsy Tea - Pumpkin Spice (sachet)
1) Enjoy a trip through the pumpkin patch with this naturally caffeine-free organic blend of superior South African Rooibos and Honey Bush, flavored with sweet Madagascar vanilla beans, finished with the tasty tingle of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove, this tea offers a warm soothing cup for crisp days and cool nights. Forget the cool nights I'll drink this anytime, I've been in a wiped out stressed out crank mood this week and I've been drinking this by the pot full. It's like a pumpkin pie in a cup! Plus it's fair trade. You can but this one on line at www.gypsytea.com.

b) Timolino Gravity Steeper from Bed Bath and Beyond Joe picked this up for me as a little treat. I love this gizmo! It steeps about 2 cups at a time, dispenses from the bottom, and has a fine mesh filter so there are no fannings in the cup. It's also dishwasher safe. The only down side is that it's easy to over fill the cup if I'm not paying attention.



V Materials Sourcing
a) Babe has been ignored this week.
b) Goals for next week.
1) Navajo Ply the Mohair and left over corriedale singles.
2) Spin some more Pot Luck Fiber
c) Spinning class next weekend! Yay!
d) Mom's fiber stash diving and my pink hair do.

VI After 5
A My teeth are revolting revolting.
B The wedding is over!
1) White knuckle ride to Alliance with a wedding cake.
2) “I get to carry the pillow!”

C Big Girl Knits By Jillian Moreno and Amy R. Singer
1) The holy grail of plus size knitting. Worth the cover price just for the fitting tip and techniques in the forward.

2) I love the writing style on this. They have small asides to help in the margins. My fave is the section on buying a good bra. I read that and nodded my head. They suggest you buy a good bra from a woman who is bossy and that will feel you up. I wish I had read this years ago when I was looking for foundation garments for under my wedding gown. I had an experience with a woman like this and thought I was being molested...:) I actually went as far as to duck out of the store when she wasn't looking.

3) Why can't the 3 B's be in store's ?

4) Patterns I want to knit!
a) Sexy Ribs Pullover
b) Lift and Separate wrap sweater
c) Cherry Jacket (I love all the coats but the 3 B's say this is the one for me.)
d) The Laura Tee
e)The bottoms are all cute but I don't think any of them are for me and I don't feel that I have the patience to knit yoga pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment